To create a compilation of my class projects, I first created a beginning and end slide in Microsoft PowerPoint. I used repeating shapes from these designs to create a template for the project pages, created copies of this template and then inserted the project images into each slide. I then added a gradient background to each slide with colors chosen from the project images (I used the eyedropper tool for this). Once all the slides were completed, I created a PDF of the slides and converted them to JPGs in order to maintain the integrity of the slides when viewed on any computer (sometimes the fonts don’t translate correctly if you don’t do this step). I reinserted the JPGs into PowerPoint, created a new PDF, and uploaded it into a slideshow program, Slideshare. My audience is potential employers, with the message that I would be a great fit for their company.
I first posted my slideshow in our class Facebook group several days before the due date. Christina Carrick suggested that I work on the alignment of some of my images. I also submitted the project to my instructor. She also pointed out the need for better alignment, and additionally suggested that I remove some of the gradient shading in one of my design elements, and fix an area of trapped white space. I took all the recommendations given, and this was the finished slideshow.